HSBC (including First Direct) has enforced that payments to major beneficiaries with less than four digits in the reference field can only be made through the App-to-App redirection journey. If these payments are submitted through the online journey, they will be rejected.
Articles in this section
- [Starling] Breaking Change - 19th June 2023
- Why Are Pending Transactions Not Returned for Starling Accounts?
- Does Natwest Group support MFA (multi-factor authentication) for VRP?
- [HSBC] Why are my payments rejected immediately after authorisation?
- Why does my Lloyds payment keep freezing?
- Which providers return the hour in the timestamp?
- What I need to know about Amex supplementary cards
- Lloyds: Why am I unable to connect my Corporate charge card with Lloyds Business or Lloyds Commercial?
- [Barclays] Why are my payments rejected?
- [Revolut] Why are my payments failing?