HSBC (including First Direct) has enforced that payments to major beneficiaries with less than four digits in the reference field can only be made through the App-to-App redirection journey. If these payments are submitted through the online journey, they will be rejected.
Articles in this section
- [HSBC] Why are my payments rejected immediately after authorisation?
- [France] Which bank branches are available?
- Why do you need my IBAN when I make a payment?
- [Germany] Which branches are supported per provider in Open Banking?
- How to reduce the authentication steps required with CaixaBank
- What are the accounts supported for faster payments on TSB?
- [Ulster ROI] How do I avoid using a card reader for international payments?
- Is the remitter IBAN required in payment initiation requests to the Irish banks?
- [NatWest/RBS/Ulster] Why is my payment cancelled after authentication?
- [Banque Populaire] Why can't my user make a payment to a particular beneficiary?