Starling returns two different fields that indicate the date and time a transaction occurred.
Starling returns two fields:
"transactionTime"refers to the date and time the transaction was made by the user
"time"refers to the date and time the transaction was settled with the bank. The user would see this transaction as part of their statement on their Online or Mobile Banking.
To avoid missing transactions you should reconcile them based on only one of the fields.
To clarify to your customer about the difference between the two times, either
- only return one of the fields or
- map both fields to differentiate between the transaction timestamp and the settled timestamp
If you have any issues or questions, get in touch with our Client Care team on live chat or open a new ticket request.
- in our documentation here.
- in our Help Centre article "What are pending transactions?"
- in our Help Centre article "Why are transactionIDs subject to change?"