Merchant names are sanitised versions of the transaction description. Whilst a description might show "TESCO HOLBORN 24 JUN 2019" or similar, the merchant name will be normalised to just "Tesco".
Articles in this section
- Does Data API split repayments of credit between interest and principal repayment?
- How do you categorise BNPL (buy now pay later) repayments?
- In which countries are transaction categorisation and transaction classification supported?
- What data enrichment does TrueLayer perform on banking data?
- What percentage of transactions receive a classification or merchant name?
- Can there be a case where there's no description, nor a merchant name for a transaction?
- How does the description differ from the merchant name in practice?